The 135th edition of the Certamen Internacional de Bandas de Música “Ciutat de València” (CIBM) will be held at the Palau de Les Arts, on July 12, 13, 15 and 16, 2023.
The CIBM will be broadcast live through the CIBM website, www.cibm-valencia.com, where the results and prizes of the different divisions can also be consulted.
This year a total of sixteen bands will participate, in addition to eight musical groups that will perform as guests, making a total of twenty-six:
- Two from Portugal
- One from Colombia
- Ten from the Valencian Community
- Three from the rest of Spain (Teruel, Mallorca and Madrid)
- Eight invited groups (seven from the Valencian Community and one from the rest of Spain)
The PRE-CERTAMEN will take place on Monday 10, Tuesday 11 and Friday 14 July at the following locations: Les Arenes, the Mercat de Colón, Plaça de la Mare de Déu and Carpesa.
Among the obligatory works of the CIBM 2023, the commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the death of the Valencian painter Joaquín Sorolla stands out. In the Division Two, the Jota from the ballet Sorolla by the composer from Alzira, who lives in Los Angeles, Juanjo Colomer, has been programmed, and in the Honor Section, the symphonic paintings Homenaje a Joaquín Sorolla by the distinguished and esteemed composer from Algemesí, Bernardo Adam Ferrero.
For this 135th edition, different special awards have been created through private sponsorship:
- Award for the highest CIBM score – Consolat de Mar
- Award for the best band from the Valencian Community – Adagio
- Award for the best interpretation of the work of free choice by a composer from the Valencian Community – Piles
- Award for the best conductor of the CIBM – Tot per l’aire
- Award for the best brass soloist of the CIBM – Stomvi
- Award for the best woodwind soloist of the CIBM – Neomúsica
- Award for the best percussion soloist of the CIBM – Musical Campos
For the 135th edition we will have the following jury: